F Facelift Plastic Surgery
Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures
Cosmetic Surgery Procedure: Facelift
Your facial plastic surgeon may be the best resource for helpful tips about keeping your complexion bright and young while minimizing scarring or other post-operative concerns. Read on for a simple guide to keeping your best face forward.
The few studies conducted for long-term facelift results find that the majority of people are still happy with their results five and ten years after surgery, while most features maintain their lifted, rejuvenated look at least five years out. While the continued aging process is inevitable, it is realistic to expect that with proper care, your older self will still look younger than without the lift. It’s difficult to predict exact results because each person’s skin qualities are unique and our lifestyles affect our skin greatly. The following factors can age skin faster than desired:
- Environmental pollutants
- Excess sun exposure or tanning beds
- Poor nutrition
Overall, the longevity of your Toronto facelift results will depend on your surgeon’s technique, unique genetic properties,and the stress or damage your skin is exposedto. You have control over two of those, so you’ll want to do all you can to work them in your favor.
1. Choose a reputable facial cosmetic surgeon with plenty of experience who can show you favorable long-term results. Their technique should adjust and strengthen underlying muscle and tissue, not just pull the surface skin tight. Incisions should be well-hidden and free of tension while healing. Long-termadvice for maturing scars should be provided so they fade and become nearly invisible. No area of your face should end up looking pulled or out of harmony with the rest of your features.
2. Eat really well and drink lots of water. Now that you’ve invested significant finances to undergo a facelift, you owe it to yourself to take care of your appearance from the inside out. If ever you needed the motivation to get in shape, improve blood circulation, drink more water and eat plenty of bright vegetables and fruits, here it is: your skin will be more elastic, more radiant and younger looking when you feed it well.
3. Don’t smoke. Cigarettes dehydrate your complexiondramatically. Smokers age their skin, reduce circulation and elasticity, increase fine lines and acquire an unhealthy pallor.
4. Use high-quality skin care products. Your Toronto facelift surgeon or dermatologist can advise you. Cleanse gently and exfoliate regularly while slathering on moisturizer daily and sunblock whenever outdoors. Encouraging healthy skin cell turnover will keep you looking fresher and young.
We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to helping you with your cosmetic needs. In order to best help you, we require all cosmetic patients to come in for a consultation. All Surgical & Non-surgical Consultations have a fee of $100 that will be deducted from the cost of your procedure or treatment. To schedule an appointment, you can complete the form below or call our office at 866-293-0616. We look forward to hearing from you!
View: Face Lift Photos
Please also visit Dr. Solomon’s information on Facelift, Facetite, Facial Implants, Blepharoplasty, Buccal Fat Extraction, Brow Lift, Lip Lift, Lip Implants, Facial Fat Transfer and Transgender Surgery.
Learn more about Face Procedures.
- Permanent Vs Temporary Facial Fillers: Which Is Best For You
- How to Choose the Right Eyebrow Shape for your Face. The Brow Lift and Other Options
- Benefits Of Chin Implants For Women
- How Long After a Lip Lift Do I Have to Wait to Kiss Someone?