F Facelift Plastic Surgery
Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures
Cosmetic Surgery Procedure: Facelift
Although aging is inevitable and the changes that take place to our bodies are natural, advancements in technology have made it possible to defy the signs of aging. A Toronto facelift can help turn back the hands of time, enabling patients to appear ten years younger than their age.
What Issues Can Be Addressed With A Facelift Surgery?
The following signs of aging can be addressed with a facelift:
- Loss of elasticity in the skin
- Loose, sagging skin, causing jowl formation and loss of definition in jaw line
- Excess skin, fat and soft tissue, causing a double chin
- Loss of volume in the cheeks
What Goals Does A Toronto Facelift Accomplish?
A facelift can accomplish a number of different goals, including:
- Tightening and lifting the underlying muscle and soft tissue in the cheeks, jaw line, and neck in order to reinstate a more youthful contour.
- Removing excess loose skin, which often develops on the face over time.
- Restoring fullness to areas of the face, which have lost volume.
- Restoring the face’s youthful appearance, helping to make the patient to look refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Shaving years off the patient’s appearance.
Although a facelift can achieve each of the aforementioned objectives, it is important to recognize that it does not prevent future aging. In most cases, the results last approximately 8 to 10 years, during which time the patient will continue to age but will look younger than they would have had they not undergone a facelift surgery.
When Should You Consider A Facelift?
Although each individual ages at a different rate, in most cases, facelift surgery is best suited to patients in their 40s to 70s, as this is typically when patients notice undesirable changes to the jowls, cheeks, and neckline.
While previously, many people believed it was best to wait as long as possible before undergoing a facelift, more and more Toronto facelift patients are opting to undergo a subtle facelift to ensure that they maintain a natural and youthful appearance. Regardless of your age, the best time to consider a facelift in Toronto is when the changes to your face begin to bother you.
Recovering From A Facelift
In most cases, it takes approximately 10 to 14 days to recover from a facelift. The bandages, which are placed on the face following surgery, are removed the day after the procedure and sutures are removed after approximately one week.
Swelling and bruising typically resolve within two weeks, however, residual swelling can take up to six months to subside. Light exercise can be resumed 3 weeks post-operatively and ones’ regular exercise routine can be resumed 1 month following their facelift surgery.
To learn more about this procedure and to learn what a Toronto facelift can do for you, we invite you to contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Philip Solomon, a renowned and experienced Otolaryngologist Head and Neck Surgeon, practicing Facial Plastic Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto.
Dr. Solomon will listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and let you know whether your goals can be met with this procedure. Provided that you are a suitable candidate for a facelift, Dr. Philip Solomon will develop a personalized treatment plan designed to reverse signs of aging and restore a youthful but natural appearance to the face.
You Can Talk To Us
Book A Consultation
We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to helping you with your cosmetic needs. In order to best help you, we require all cosmetic patients to come in for a consultation. All Surgical & Non-surgical Consultations have a fee of $100 that will be deducted from the cost of your procedure or treatment. To schedule an appointment, you can complete the form below or call our office at 866-293-0616. We look forward to hearing from you!
View: Face Lift Photos
Learn more about Face Procedures.
- Permanent Vs Temporary Facial Fillers: Which Is Best For You
- How to Choose the Right Eyebrow Shape for your Face. The Brow Lift and Other Options
- Benefits Of Chin Implants For Women
- How Long After a Lip Lift Do I Have to Wait to Kiss Someone?