In Toronto, facelift surgery has traditionally been associated with women as they more commonly seek strategies to maintain their youth and beauty as they age. However, the desire to maintain a youthful appearance is not distinctly a female one.
In fact, as our society becomes more accepting of plastic surgery, an increasing number of men are showing an interest in elective cosmetic surgery procedures, including rhytidectomy, also known as facelift surgery. Although many of the goals of this procedure are similar, there are unique benefits for male patients who elect to undergo a facelift.
A facelift is a surgical procedure, that works to eliminate loose, excess skin on the face, while also tightening the underlying facial muscles, smoothing the skin and improving the face’s contour. Incisions are made along the hairline, extending from the temples to behind the ears. This enables the surgeon to remove excess skin and fat, while also tightening drooping facial muscles. As a result, facial contours are improved in both the mid and lower face.
While the ultimate objective of a facelift is often the same for both male and female patients, most men are interested in achieving the following unique goals:
- Maintain a youthful appearance to keep up in today’s competitive workplace, where looking aged or tired can stand in the way of success.
- Preserve a youthful appearance to compete in today’s dating world.
- Restore youthful, masculine facial features to maintain distinctly masculine facial structure.
- Reduce excess fat and skin to provide greater definition to facial features.
- Achieve subtle results, which are as inconspicuous as possible.
Because a Toronto facelift achieves several goals, it has a number of unique benefits for male patients, including:
- Eliminates loose, unwanted skin and fat to tighten the skin on the face.
- Restores volume to the face.
- Achieves natural looking results
- Improves facial contours while maintaining the rugged, masculine qualities of the male facial structure.
- Results in minimal scarring due to strategic incision techniques utilized.
- Boosts confidence, which can have a tremendous impact on personal and professional success.
Although many men and women have similar goals when undergoing a facelift in Toronto, male patients have a number of unique needs. Thus, it is crucial to select a surgeon who has extensive experience working with male patients, as this ensures that they understand the distinct objectives of men undergoing facelift surgery.
As an Otolaryngologist Head and Neck Surgeon, practicing Facial Plastic Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto, Dr. Philip Solomon helps a variety of male and female patients achieve their aesthetic goals. Dr. Solomon utilizes a variety of techniques when performing male rhytidectomy to ensure that the results are subtle and maintain the patient’s masculine features.
To learn more and to determine your candidacy for facelift surgery, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Philip Solomon, who will listen to your concerns and goals for the procedure and complete a thorough examination in order to determine whether a facelift is right for you.
View: Facelift Photos
Please also visit Dr. Solomon’s information on Facelift, Facetite, Deep Plane Facelift, Facial Implants, Blepharoplasty, Buccal Fat Extraction, Brow Lift, Lip Lift, Lip Implants, Facial Fat Transfer and Transgender Surgery.
Learn more about FaceProcedures.
In order to best assist you, we require all cosmetic patients to schedule a virtual or in-person consultation. There is a fee of $150 plus HST for all consultations. Your consultation fee will be credited towards your procedure and/or treatment. To schedule a consultation, please complete the attached form or call our office at 905-764-7799. We look forward to hearing from you.