- When You Return Home
- Day 2-7
- Day 7-10
- Cleaning Instructions for Aquaphor
- How to mix Vinegar Water
- How To Wash Your Face with Vinegar Water Mix
CO2 LASER RESURFACING/ERBIUM POST-CARE
Please Read Thoroughly, as we would like you to achieve the best possible results from your Laser Treatment at Solomon Facial Plastic.
- Immediately following your Laser Resurfacing Treatment, you may experience swelling, intense redness, pin-point bleeding, a burning sensation and itchy skin that can continue during your healing process. These symptoms are normal.
- You will have been provided with a ZO Post Procedure Treatment Kit and will have met with our Medical Aesthetician prior to you procedure to discuss cleaning protocol.
1. When You Return Home:
- Please take your anti-biotic, anti-viral and pain medications as prescribed.
- Best to separate anti-biotic and pain medication, 2 hours apart to avoid nausea/vomiting.
- Use ZO Post Procedure as directed.
- You may wish to lubricate your eyes if needed with lubricating eye drops such as Refresh Tears.
- Wear a headband to keep your hair out of treated area.
- Cover your pillow with an inexpensive linen.
- Sleep with your head elevated on pillow to help minimize swelling for 3-5 days.
- Take Tylenol for pain. Avoid Aspirin, Advil, or Ibuprofen and blood thinners.
2. Day 2-7:
- Continue to use the ZO Post Procedure Kit as directed.
- Keep skin moist at all times; this will prevent skin from drying and cracking.
- Baths are preferred for the first 4 days to avoid direct stream of water on your face.
3. Day 7-10:
- You may start using a gentle cleanser and a fragrance-free, non-irritating moisturizer. It’s important the skin remain hydrated throughout the day.
- Apply hydrator as often as needed
- Cleanse your face twice a day (morning and before bed).
- You may shower on day 5 but AVOID hot water/steam on treated area.
- AVOID “picking at” the skin as well as scrubbing aggressively when exfoliating the skin; Allow it to gently slough off with the washing process.
- Wear a protective hat when driving or near windows.
- Avoid dirty or dusty environments (hairsprays, perfumes, etc.).
- Do NOT wear any make-up on the treated skin.
Remember to wear a minimum of SPF 45 (total UV block) when exposed to the sun while: driving, walking, spending time outdoors and sitting next to windows.
Recommended Skin Protection and Breathable Foundation:
EltaMD SPF 45 / ZO Sunscreen + Primer
Oxygenetix Mineral Foundation to help conceal any redness
If you have any concerns, questions or require clarification prior to your Laser Resurfacing procedure, we encourage you to call our office to speak to our Nurse or Medical Aesthetician at 905-764-7799.
If you experience Severe Pain, Fever, Hives, Blistering or Bleeding after hours,
Please Contact Dr. Solomon directly at email@example.com or contact our Administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to help you throughout your healing process!
IF NOT USING ZO POST PROCEDURE KIT
4.Cleaning Instructions for Aquaphor
What you Need:
- 4×4 gauze
- Clean Face Cloths
- White Vinegar
- Distilled Water
- Clean Container
5. How to mix Vinegar Water:
- Dilute Vinegar with 3 parts water (distilled if possible).
- Place vinegar water mix in a clean Tupperware container w/ lid and refrigerate OR you can leave at room temperature.
- Label it “VINEGAR WATER” to avoid confusion.
6. How To Wash Your Face with Vinegar Water Mix:
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap.
- Place a clean gauze inside the Tupperware and saturate the gauze.
- Squeeze excess before liquid before gently wiping or dabbing your face to remove oozing, bleeding and Aquaphor.
- This can be done morning and night.
- Gently pat dry, and always apply Aquaphor over the entire treated area after each cleansing.
- Discard gauze after each use to avoid contaminating the solution.
- After Day 7, you can switch to a gentle cleanser and hydrator.