Chin augmentation procedures are one of the fastest growing types of plastic surgery among both women and men. If you’re thinking about getting Chin Implants, the following is what you need to know to get the results you’re looking for.
Why Women Get Chin Implants
Insecurities about appearance can affect your confidence and self-esteem. The following are some of the benefits of a chin implant procedure:
- Balance: Chin implants improve the proportion of facial features. For example, many people think that their nose is too big. But the problem may not be the nose. It may be having a weak chin. A recessed chin can accentuate an average nose or make a large nose look too prominent. Augmenting the chin balances out a person’s features and brings harmony to their overall facial structure.
- Improved Neck and Jaw Line: As you age, you may develop noticeable jowls along the jawline. Chin augmentation can alleviate these issues.A chin implant creates a stronger and more streamlined jaw, and helps correct problems with an unsatisfactory neckline. Enhancing the jaw and necklines can take years off of your appearance.
- Increased Self-Confidence: Having a chin implant can go a long way toward improving your self-confidence. After a chin implant procedure, you’ll look younger and have more proportional features.With your new appearance, you’ll notice a significant improvement in your self-esteem.
- What to Expect: Chin augmentation is a relatively simple procedure. The surgery usually takes an hour or less to complete, and is done under general anesthesia. Most patients don’t need to stay in the hospital overnight.The surgery involves making an incision inside the mouth or under the chin. Finally, the surgeon places the implant onto the chin through the incision.After the implant is in place, the surgeon seals the incision using invisible stitches, then applies a dressing to the site.
What to Do Before Surgery
- Make sure that you don’t have any medical conditions that might prevent you from having a successful surgery.
- Tell your doctor about any medications you’re taking. Find out if any of them might delay healing or affect the outcome of the surgery.
- Every surgery carries some risk. Be sure to know the risks associated with the surgery before moving forward.
- They are many factors to consider when selecting a surgeon. You need to take into account their location, experience, and qualifications. Ask your surgeon to provide before and after pictures that highlight their previous work.
Getting a chin implant drastically improves the overall appearance of the facial features for men and women. Understanding the procedure helps you make the right choices to get the results you’ve always wanted.
Oct 03rd 2016