Facial Fillers & Skin Peels
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR FILLER INJECTION PROCEDURE
- Dermal Fillers should only be injected by Doctors and Qualified Nurses
- Under eyes, Injection rhinoplasty and Jaw line should only be treated by Advanced Injectors are al
- Be sure to share your complete medical history with your Injector, including medications and supplements, allergies; If you are pregnant or trying to conceive
- If this is your first Filler Injection Procedure, your Injector may want to be more conservative with your treatment to see how your body responds
- Touch-up are often required and can be done 2 weeks after initial procedure
- There are multiple Dermal Fillers on the market; ask which product is being used for your procedure
- Do your research and educate yourself about the different Dermal Fillers on the market and the ones being offered by your Injector
- Communicate with your Injector about what your goals are for your Dermal Filler injection
- Ask your Injector what filler can and cannot do for your face
- Have realistic expectations about your Filler results; touch-ups may be required
- Your skin will be cleaned prior to your Filler Injection Procedure with antiseptic
- An ice pack prior, and following your Filler Injection Procedure can help prevent bruising
- Eating spinach, kale and celery for 1 week prior boosts Vitamin K to help blood clotting
AVOID 1 WEEK PRIOR TO YOUR FILLER INJECTION PROCEDURE
To Minimize Bruising
- Aspirin, Ibuprofen (Advil, Aleve, Motrin or Generic)
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil or Omega-3’s
- Ginko Bilboa, Ginseng
THE DO’S AND DON’T’S
FOLLOWING YOUR FILLER INJECTION PROCEDURE
- DON’T apply makeup or spray tan for 6 hours after your Filler Injection
- DON’T drink Alcohol for 48 hours after your Filler Injection
- DON’T get too hot for 24 hours after your Filler Injection
- DON’T do strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- DON’T touch the area with unwashed hands for 6 hours
- DON’T apply pressure when cleansing your face
- DON’T have facials, laser treatments, microdermabrasion etc. for 1week
- DON’T consume blood thinning medication for one week
- DO stay upright for 6 hours after your Filler Injection
- DO take Arnica or topical Vitamin K for bruising (Green or Yellow Concealers can help cover bruising)
- DO call your Medical Professional if you experience any side effects or complications from your Filler Injection
- DO apply icepacks to the treated area after your Filler Injection
- DO take Tylenol or Motrin to treat pain if required
- DO resume your regular routine; no downtime is required
- DO follow up injections every 6-18 months as needed to maintain your results
We appreciate your inquiry and look forward to helping you with your cosmetic needs. In order to best help you, we require all cosmetic patients to come in for a consultation. All Surgical & Non-surgical Consultations have a fee of $100 that will be deducted from the cost of your procedure or treatment. To schedule an appointment, you can complete the form below or call our office at 866-293-0616. We look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Philip Solomon
The principles that we use to guide how these types of products are in place to ensure that the distribution of the facial filler is even, and at the correct depth; to ensure that symmetry is the highest priority; and to not fill a given area beyond the accepted limits. Enhancing your natural beauty is the ultimate goal. We always ensure that our patients are educated about any side effects that may occur as the result of their filler injection.
In order to achieve natural looking results that aren’t over done or obvious, consult with one of Canada’s leading experts in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Philip Solomon is an Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon practicing Facial Plastic Surgery and has an advanced understanding of facial anatomy.
If you are interested in learning more about facial fillers or on any other non-surgical cosmetic procedures, we would be happy to speak with you directly.
The first step in getting started is to schedule a consultation, at which time you will be assessed and Dr. Solomon will discuss your aesthetic goals. Also, we encourage all of our patients to bring forth their medical history as well as any questions or concerns they may have at any point in the process, as we would be more than happy to answer them.
Please also visit Dr. Solomon’s information on
Temporary Facial Fillers,
Selphyl Vampire Lift PRP,
SFP MediSpa Services,
Ultrapulse C02 Laser Resurfacing,
PhotoFacial IPL Therapy,
Pelleve Facial Skin Tightening and
- Facial Fillers
- Fillers that last and look natural! Volbella and Redensity II Products
- How Long Do Temporary Facial Fillers Last?
- Is there a rising interest in Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in Society?