Lip augmentation is a popular cosmetic treatment, even from many years ago. As a result of its popularity, there are now many options available for those seeking to enhance their lips.
Hyaluronic acid. Products Restylane, Juvederm, Vobella, Teosyal Kiss,
- These clear, injectable gels are made from hyaluronic acid. Therefore, this makes them similar to the acid which occurs naturally in the human body. Products last 3 to 12 months.
- Using the patient’s own fat, from another part of the body, this treatment provides longer-lasting results than collagen and carries no risk of rejection. However, as the body eventually reabsorbs the fat, further treatments will be necessary to maintain results. This procedure can cause lumping or scarring in some cases.
- These material is made from donated cadaver tissue, but it naturally integrates to the patient’s own tissues. As a result, the body does not reject this kind of implant. They produce a pliable and natural feeling result.
- This injectable dermal implant comes from the patient’s own skin and carries no risk of rejection.
- Fascia is a donor tissue made of the dense, white connective tissue which support the body’s structure. Furthermore, the surgeon can inject or insert it surgically.
- These permanent, synthetic surgical implants carry a small risk of rejection. In fact, they are generally well-tolerated by most patients.
- Similar to breast implants, this method of lip augmentation uses inflatable saline implants. Verafil achieves long lasting results, but carry a small risk of deflation. They will probably need replacement over time.
The V-Y Technique:
- This surgical technique involves no implants or fillers. However, it results in permanent but more subtle results than many of the other treatments listed here.
Click here for more information. Farewell and good luck!